CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 7, 2008

Big snow in Texas


This is Elvis, our Yorkie. He didn't know what to think of the snow we got here in Texas yesterday. It took me 3 hours to drive 42 miles home yesterday. It was a nightmare!!! Cars and trucks all over in the ditches, across the roads. I saw 4 wrecks on my road alone. One of the downfalls of living way out in the boonies!!! We got 9 inches at my house. They let the school out and sent the kids home. Marcus drives a mustang and I was worried about him. Jerry and my other son Kyle went looking for him because he should have been home before me. The school is only 9 miles from the house. I used to have a 99 mustang so I know they don't do well in the snow and ice. Rear wheel drive. I have a 4X4 Jeep Cherokee and was still having lots of problems sliding around. So now I am panicking because I have my 3 guys out there and cannot reach Marcus on his cell phone. About 30 minutes later he calls me from my MIL house which is on the same driveway at the front of our property. Thank God he is alright but he can't get his car up the driveway, he is stuck in the middle of the entrance. I called Jerry, Kyle and my MIL to tell them he was alright and they started home. When they got here Kyle and Jerry both got stuck and we had to winch them out and pull them up to my MIL house so they could get out. My daughter all this time is at work and they will not let her leave. The roads in Weatherford seem to have been alot better than out here so she was ok. I got up this morning to go to work and couldn't even get out of our driveway. So I said forget it, it's so not worth getting into a wreck. The snow is supposed to be gone today and hopefully it will dry out so they can continue on the house. Take care.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.