CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

5 days until surgery

Well all we only have 5 days left until surgery and we are getting very anxious here in the Maxwell household. I myself am getting just a little worried about how Levi will react to the surgery and the hospital stay. I have not been away from him at night since bringing him home, so it will be hard for me to leave him so that Jerry can stay with him a night or two. They only allow one parent to stay the night in the room so the other will have to either drive back and forth or we may rent a room for the week. I wish we both could stay, but it is just not possible. We are scheduled to check him in to the hospital at 10am on Monday the 2nd and that is when they will let us know when the surgery will start. I hope the older kids will come out to see him after the surgery. Marcus can't come with us in the morning because he has missed too many days already this semester.
Although I know the surgery is for the best, it still is a little hard to get used to the idea that his little foot will not be there anymore, I have gotten so used to it, I don't even think about it unless someone says something about it. It is just not an issue for us, but this will give Levi the ability to walk "normally" and be able to run, jump, play sports, and everything else that little boys do. He has actually started walking on his little foot since coming home from China, something I don't think he was allowed to do while in the orphanage. And he is just so proud when he shows us how he can walk to us, he just smiles the biggest smile I have ever seen. I can't wait to see his face when he walks for the first time on his new foot. I just know he will be grinning from ear to ear the whole time. Because they had to postpone his surgery date until next week we will have to miss a couple of family events, a wedding this weekend and a baby shower next weekend. We really wish we could go but we really need to try to limit taking him out much because I can't risk him getting sick again. That's why they cancelled it last time because he got sick, I don't want to take that chance again so we are trying to keep him away from crowds for right now.
I hope that God will guide the surgeons hands so that the operation will go as planned and with the best possible outcome.

1 comments:

Kathy said...

Reading your excitement just makes me laugh for all of you. I pray that God will easy the Levi's pain. Your joy is just run over, I can't wait to hear about his first steps. Pictures please!!! lol We totally understand you missing the baby shower!!! I can just see him at the family reunion in Sept at the park, just runnig with the other kids!! I can't wait!!! I am so excited!!!! Other than the pain and the fear for Levi, this is almost as exciting as when ya'll got off the plane with him here!! lol Take care and keep us posted!!