CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

He is awake!!!!

I think the anesthesia finally has worn off, he is awake and even dancing a little in his bed to the cartoon music. He has asked twice now where his foot is. The first time I really was at a loss for words, I just said they fixed it. He seemed to accept that answer so I let it go at that. He has been awake for about 3 hours now and is in no pain. He still has his epidural in and will have it in until tomorrow morning. He has tried to pull out his IV a couple of times also, he really doesn't like it much. He slept quite a bit last night, although I didn't much. I kept waking up to check on him and make sure he wasn't falling off the bed. He was able to eat some crackers this morning and have more water. So they said he could have some cherrios and toast. We'll see how that goes. We are still on for getting out tomorrow afternoon.

On another note I have to run my older son Marcus to the eye doctor this afternoon because he has a piece of metal in it. I hate to leave Levi for even a second, but I don't have much of a choice. It seems like when it rains it pours.

2 comments:

Lesa said...

Wish I were there I would help you.

Hope things are going well today.

Kathy said...

Hey I am glad he is home and doing so good!! Now if ya'll can get him to keep the cast on!! He is such a strong little boy!!! It wont be long now, that he will be running everywhere!! Glad your ML and Marcus is doing better to!! Wow what a hard week ya'll had. I am sure ya'll are glad it is over!! Stay in touch! Kathy