CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

One week down, 4 more to go!!

Well Levi has managed to keep his cast on for almost a week now with the belt that they made him. So maybe this may not be as bad as I thought. We just have to make it until the 10th of April for the first fitting and then another 2 weeks until they have the prothesis done and can fit him and teach him how to walk on it.

I can't believe that it has been 5 months since we first met this scared little boy in a dark building in China. Sometimes when I look into his eyes I still get glimpses of that scared little boy, but he is just amazing and is adapting so well for only being with us for such a short time. We are all learning together.

This friday will be his 3rd birthday, his first birthday here in the US. I want it to be so special for him because I am sure he never experienced this in China. We originally wanted to have it at Chuck E Cheese but sincce he is in a leg cast it wouldn't be much fun. We will figure out something.

1 comments:

Lesa said...

Has it already been 5months??? Wow!

Good news about the cast.

How about a Zoo party? That could be fun and low key.