CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Day 3 -Not so good

I guess little man woke up in a not so good mood this morning. He was a little uncooperative with the physical therapist and the prosthetist at the first session. I was hoping that after he ate lunch and had a nap he would be better but no such luck. He didn't want to stand still for them to measure the length of his leg to see if it was a bit longer than it needed to be. They let him wear the leg tonight, but we were to take it off and check every hour and a half or so to check for red marks or places where it was rubbing.
We decided to take him to the mall and try it out. He walked the whole time we were there and did so well. He now wants to do everything himself. He always says I do it, I do it. We have one more session tomorrow at 11am and then we are free to go. They will be calling us Monday with a date to come back for the finished product. The prosthetist said probably the end of next week.

We also thought that since we were in a bigger city we would try some Ethiopian food for dinner. The beef I ordered was wonderful, and there was a type of salsa that tasted like pico de gallo which was very good. But I really didn't care for the injera bread. I think the thing that got me was the spongy texture, that is something that I just can't handle. Levi loved it, and Jerry liked the beef that he got also. It was good, but I don't think that it will be something that we eat often. I will however be getting the injera for the girls if they would like it.

I can't wait to get home so I can get a good nights sleep. This hospital bed is not very comfortable.

0 comments: