CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 15, 2009

MY BOY CAN WALK!!!!!!!

We had our appointment today for a fitting for Levi's prosthesis. It was so great!!!! We got to see him take his first steps... can you believe it? We are so very proud of him. He was off to a rocky start, not knowing what to do with a foot sticking out in front on that leg but as soon as they gave him a little walker he walked up and down the hall a couple of times. I tried so hard not to cry, but I couldn't help it. I think I even saw a couple tears in his daddy's eyes. I think when they took it off he was a little disappointed that he didn't get to keep it. This is by far one of the happiest days of my life. I can't wait until we go back on the 26th of this month for his physical therapy and he can take it home with us. This is a miracle and I can't thank Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for giving our son the opportunity to just be a normal kid. We will keep everyone posted as he progresses. I will post a picture tomorrow of him standing all by himself, something he has never been able to do before today.

1 comments:

Lesa said...

How thrilling!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see a photo of him and his new leg.