CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, December 12, 2008

Appointment at Texas Scottish Rite

Well I decided to call TSR today after talking with the lady that comes for Early childhood intervention. I had no idea that I could call to check on te status of our application. I got to talk to the nurse and she asked some questions about Levi's disability. She then told me that the earliest appointment they had was January 14th. Wow, that is 2 days after I go back to work, and it is at 1:30pm. I really was hoping that we could at least get the consultation in before I had to go back to work, but no such luck. Anyway we will do what we have to do. I am very anxious to hear what they have to say. We did get the x-rays back from the hospital and Levi is missing half of one of the bones in his lower leg, and only has the bones for his big toe in his foot. So our ped. said that since there was only half a bone he would not be a candidate for limb lenghtening. So now we have to be prepared for them to tell us that he will need to have his foot amputated and then be fitted for a prosthetic. It is something that we had discussed before we accepted his referral as a possibility, but was really hopeful that they would be able to do something for him so that he would be able to keep it. I am still holding out some hope but I am also preparing for a different outcome. Bottom line is, I just want my little boy to be able to walk one way or another. We feel fortunate to have him in our life and are ready to go back for his sister soon.

Take care and have a great weekend everyone,
Sandi

0 comments: