CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Levi's re-adoption day

Yesterday was Levi's re-adoption day. We had to get up at 5am to be ready to leave by 6am so that we could get to Dallas by 8am. We ended up getting there a little early, we were lucky there was not too much traffic. We met our attorney at the Juvenile Justice Center and not too long after that we were before the judge with our right hands raised taking the oath that we were indeed Levi's parents. I was the one who had to answer all the questions that the attorney asked, and boy was I nervous! I always get tongue tied when I get nervous so I messed up our zipcode......yes you read that right our ZIPCODE!!! How dumb do you think I felt? What an idiot. Levi did so well the whole time and we were out in no time! Now we have a document that recognizes the foreign adoption and after we send in the paperwork we will receive a Texas birth certificate..... woohoo!!! I will post a picture tommorrow of our family in fornt of the judge.

2 comments:

Lesa said...

Congratulations!! We still need to do this for Wendy. We thought we would do it once we got Mylie, but as you know we still don't have Mylie.

Guess we will just have to do it soon.

Kathy said...

YEAH Welcome to Texas Levi!!! I am so glad things are getting better. He is just so so cute!!! Can't wait to see more pictures. Take care Kathy